I am finally back and I have some exciting news to
share! If you haven’t already noticed a
new tab has been added above, baby #2!
Luke and I are expecting our second child and Lakelyn
is going to be a big sister! We could
not be more excited!!
As you know we were trying for this baby. I think trying for a baby is a lot harder than
the opps baby! So much thought goes into
thinking about when the right time is. I
think you can always find reasons for why you should have a baby or why to
wait.
On Aug 12th my period hadn’t come, which was
unusual. I had bought a pregnancy test over
the weekend and took it first thing in the morning, it was negative. That afternoon I had a dermatology
appointment to have a mole removed.
While there they asked if I could be pregnant, I said there was a
possibility, so they had me take a pregnancy test, it was negative. Although all signs said negative I just felt
like I was. No symptoms just an internal
gut feeling.
That weekend was my work summer party which I knew I
would be drinking at. I wanted to make
100% sure before the party that I wasn’t pregnant so I felt comfortable
drinking. I took another test on Aug 15th
over my lunch break and saw this:
Luke and I were so excited! I called and made my first OB appointment,
which was on September 16th, this past Monday. I was guessing I was around 8 weeks along but
I have irregular periods and was guessing when my last one was. We went to our appointment on Monday and were
told they had scheduled my appointment 2 weeks early and probably wouldn’t be
able to hear a heartbeat. We were a
little frustrated by this. All I was
looking forward to was hearing that heart beat to confirm at this point our
baby was healthy. Since my periods are
irregular and I wasn’t 100% sure when my last one was my doctor scheduled a
sonogram for the next day.
Tuesday we went to our appointment and got to see our
baby and its heart beat, 171. They also confirmed I was only a couple days
off from guessing my due date. My due
date is April 25th, 2014, which makes me exactly 9 weeks pregnant
today.
I wanted to try and come up with a creative way to announce
our pregnancy. There are tons of cute
ideas on Pinterest, eviction notices and only child expiring. I decided I wanted to buy Lakelyn a “Big
Sister” book to “read”. Her book finally
arrived last night and so we had a little photoshoot! Surprisingly I had quite a few good ones to pick
from. Below are the top three I liked
best. I had also made a sign but Lakelyn
wanted nothing to do with it and threw a HUGE fit. Luke is going to send out an email today to
his work with one of the pics, then I will forward to my work and then finally we
will post on facebook.
So far this pregnancy has gone about the same as the
last one. No morning sickness or major changes. I never had morning sickness with Lakelyn or
Braxton hicks, it was a very easy pregnancy… up until it came time to
deliver. That’s a whole other post! I would say though with this pregnancy I have
had a lot more heart burn and am super tired!
I am not going to do weekly updates until maybe the
last trimester. And I didn’t do bump
pictures with Lakelyn, which I kind of regret.
However, this time around I am starting out 25lbs lighter than I did
last time. I felt like last time I just
got fatter rather than a true bump. So
maybe this time I will actually get a bump and take some pictures!
TGIF!!!




Congrats!!! That is awesome news and I am super excited you are back to blogging.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a cute big sister!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Lakelyn looks like she is an awesome big sister already!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! I saw the tab and thought I had missed out on the announcement. I love the 2nd one where just her eyes are peaking over the book. Precious!
ReplyDelete