My first official Mother's day, although I was technically a mother last year this time, I think of this as my first. I get to spend mother’s day with my daughter in my arms. Where has the time gone!?I remember this time last year I was 3 months pregnant and wondered how I was going to get through the summer and 6 more months of being pregnant. Time sure has flow by!
Now a year later, here I am with an almost 6 month old daughter. It makes me tear up thinking about how much life has changed and how blessed I truly am. Being a mom has been so much more than I ever expected.
Luke planned a wonderful Mothers day for me. Lakelyn woke up at 6:15 am and so Luke got up with Lakelyn so that I could sleep in. Little did I know they went shopping while I slept. Luke did a great job of taking pictures to show me what they had been up to.
Here Lakelyn is all ready to go
In the car on the way to go shopping
Lakelyn picking out flowers
Lakelyn making mommy a card with her hand prints inside
Luke woke me up at 8:45 with breakfast in bed, blueberry waffles and toaster strudels. We had talked about this the week before and I told him how I loved eating them as a kid. Everything was delicious. Then we put Lakelyn down for a nap and got ready for the day. We woke Lakelyn up from her nap at 12:30 because she had been asleep since 9:20am! First Luke took me to lunch at my favorite hibachi place in town. Lakelyn was such a good girl; she sat on my lap and watched the chef make lunch.
After lunch Luke took us to get snow cones, I love snow cones!! Then after snow cones we went to Wal-Mart to get groceries. Luke was going to take us to a pottery place to get Lakelyn's hand prints on something but I knew Lakelyn was getting tired and didn’t think she would make it through it. The thought was very sweet and we will do it another day when we have more time and Lakelyn has had more rest.
Lakelyn rode in the grocery cart like a big girl for the first time. She loved it! She watched all the people walk by and loved having her hands on the handle bars. She was way more content then being in her car seat in the grocery cart.
She was pooped!
I had the best Mothers day I could have ever imagined. Luke put a lot of thought into the day and made it a very special day!








No comments:
Post a Comment