Wednesday, June 6, 2012

1 Month Old

This month was by far the hardest month.  The newness began to wear off and the sleep deprivation set in.  Your daddy went back to work and I didn’t want him to be tired so I got up with you almost every night.  Me and God had a lot of talks in the middle of the night.  I prayed every night for you to sleep good and if you didn’t for the strength to get through the night. 


Sleeping:  You did not sleep good from 4-8 weeks. Around week 4 and 5 you were waking up every 2 hours and sometimes every hour. At times you would cry and cry for no reason. Daddy and I would try everything to try and make you happy. GRIPE water was a savior! If you don’t know what Gripe Water is, it is basically an all natural sugar water. Whenever you would get worked up we could give you a few drops of this and it would get you calmed down enough to get you to eat or take a breather. You LOVED your changing table. Anytime we would put you on it you would stop crying and smile. When you were a baby in the hospital they would swaddle you but you would always get your arms out. We thought that you liked sleeping with your arms out. So when we swaddled you we would swaddle you from your arm pits down and leave your arms out. One night after several long nights of no sleeping, Daddy decided to swaddle you with your arms in. And guess what, you little booger sleep 6 hours straight! From that night on we swaddled you and you slept so much better!! At 5 weeks we moved you from your bassinet in our room to your crib. You were getting to long for your bassinet and Daddy slept better with you in another room since you were such a loud grunter.  Being swaddled you still wiggled a ton but it wouldn’t wake you up since you were swaddled. We would put you in your crib at one end and by the end of the night you would be at the other end!

Eating:  You started eating 2-3oz every 2-3 hours.  You were such a slow eater and got gassy really easy and you would fuss when you needed to burp!
Clothes: You started wearing 1 month clothes and newborns were definitely too small.  You had a big growth spurt and got really long!
Diaper:  You were wearing a size 1 pampers swaddler.
Luke had a work Christmas Party December 16th.  This was the first night we left Lakelyn with anyone.  Luke’s mom and dad came over and watched her.  She slept most of the time on grandma’s tummy while her and grandpa watched TV.

Daddy and I took you to see Santa a few weeks before Christmas.  I think you were to young to even realize who Santa was, you weren’t scared but not thrilled about him holding you.  After we had your picture taken we had lunch at the mall. 


Lakelyn’s second road trip was back down to see my family again for Christmas. Grandma bought Lakelyn new Christmas pajamas and an activity mat. Although Lakelyn was still a little young for the activity mat but she still loved looking up and seeing herself in the mirror and looking at the toys dangling over her. Grandma and I squished her into her Christmas stocking, it was a tight fit but we made it work! I loved being able to see my family for Christmas and start Lakelyn in the holiday traditions.


Surprisingly Lakelyn sleep most of the night New Years Eve {bless her} but when I woke up I didn’t feel good {and it wasn’t from the drinking}.  Luke convinced me to go see the doctor.  I went to the doctor and told her I felt like I had the flu, cold shakes, hot sweats and high fever {104}.  She sent me home and told me to get over it.  Well after doing some research online and beginning to notice my boob hurt I found out that I had Mastitis {an infection in my boob from a clogged duct}.  I called the on call doctor who called me in a prescription and told me I would feel better in 24hrs.  I went and got the prescription and the doctor was right, in 24 hrs I was feeling better!


"Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed." Linda Wooten

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...