Christmas is always a busy time of the year for
us.
But I always look forward to it.
Because of all the traveling we do around Christmas Eve
and Christmas day, Luke and I decided to have our family Christmas the Sunday
before Christmas. Sunday morning we went
downstairs and began to open one present at a time. She opened her stocking from Santa which was
filled with candy, books, chap stick and bath markers. Her other gifts from us
were: clothes, 2 Barbie’s, Barbie VW bug, Leap Pad2, Crayons, cars, movies and
bath towel. We spent the whole day as a
family in our PJ’s and relaxed the whole day.
Luke got me a sewing machine, sewing book and scissors, everything I
wanted! I got him the new XBOX One, a
water camera that mounts on our boat and a beer brewing starter kit.
Our traveling adventure began by driving 2 hrs east
back to my home town in Missouri. The
night before Christmas Eve we spent opening gifts with my mom, step dad,
brother, there significant others and my grandparents. And as usual they spoiled her rotten! She got clothes, scooter, art easel, shopping
cart, puzzles and an inflatable horse to ride.
This year was completely different then last year. Lakelyn
was completely aware of what was going on and kept asking for more
presents. It may be cute now but hopefully
next year she learns to wait to get another present instead of asking for
more. Needless to say she had a blast opening
gifts!
Christmas Eve we headed over to my Grandma Sue’s for
dinner. My cousins, aunts and uncles all
attend. Lakelyn opened a few gifts and received
her new big girl bedding that my grandma made.
I laid it out and she was so excited she was rolling on the floor. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful
grandma who enjoys making Lakelyn bedding and blankets!
Christmas Eve night we drive back home while Lakelyn
sleeps in the car.
Christmas morning we wake up and head over to Luke’s
parents house. As soon as we get there
we head over to his grandpas house to watch the cousins open there gifts and
hen head back over to his parents. We
then let Lakelyn and her cousins, William, Hazel and Evelyn, open gifts.
And this is when my stress level goes from 0 to 100.
When I grew up and even still to this day when my
family opens gift they are handed out one at time. That person opens there gift, everyone can
see, you can tell the person you received it from Thank you and then move on to
the next gift.
At his parents’ house there are 7 adults and 4
children. One person starts handing out
the gifts and makes piles at your feet while everyone is opening gifts. And if your pile starts to spill into another’s
you are told to open faster. Everyone is
yelling over each other saying thank you, you have NO idea what each person got
and they have no idea what you go them.
I could have bought each of the cousins a $5 toy and they wouldn’t have
known any better. Then when the
unwrapping craziness has ended most of their toys they aren’t allowed to open
because there are too many parts that might get lost. So now they get to look at all their new toys
but not play with any of them. Sorry
kids, you have to play with all the toys you have been playing with the past
few days, not your new ones. FUN.
It’s just not my style.
It doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with it. I love my in laws and
get along with them all but Christmas at their house is one day a year I don’t really
look forward too.
After Christmas dinner we head home. Luke had to work the next day but I didn’t so
I spent the day after Christmas taking down all the decorations and trying to
get the house organized.
As usual Christmas is always great and I am already
looking forward to next year!
Next year... Lakelyn will be 3 and baby boy 8 months old, I am sure it will be interesting!

It looks like Lakelyn scored this year! How fun!
ReplyDelete