Wow what a month this was! You woke up the day you turned
5 months with a terrible cold. I took you to the doctor and found out you had
bronchitis. We got you some medicine and had to stay home for the next 2 days.
I stayed home with you the first day and then Daddy and I split the next day. I
felt so bad for you but you handled it so well and were such a big girl!
Sleeping:
We had decided to get rid of the swaddle blanket the week you got bronchitis.
The doctor said since you weren’t feeling well it would not be a good week to
start this. About a week and half later you were feeling much better and Daddy
and I decided it was time to break you of the swaddle. You fought sleep so hard
and getting you to sleep was a huge paid. So after you started to feel better
we decided the best way to go was cold turkey. We feed you your bottle and put
you in bed. You cried for a few min and then rolled over to your tummy. At this
time you were still having a hard time (or so I thought) rolling over in bed.
On the floor you had no trouble. So I went in and rolled you back over to you
back, this really made you mad and eventually you rolled back over to you
tummy. After about 20-30 min of fussing you fell asleep. You never cried hard
just fussed and filed your complaint. To my surprise you slept through the
whole night! Previously you were waking up around 4-5 taking a bottle and then
going back to sleep. From this day forward you slept through the night. The
second night of no swaddle was the hardest. Again, you didn’t ever really cry
hard but fussed for a lot longer than the first night, probably 45 min before
falling asleep but once asleep you slept through the night. Breaking you of the
swaddle was the best thing we ever did and looking back wished we would have
done it at 4 months.
Eating:
You are now eating 4-6 oz bottles of formula. You got your first taste of baby
food this month. Since you weren’t a fan
or cereal we skipped over that and started with vegetables and then tried
fruits. We tried for 2 weeks and you didn’t
really get any in your mouth. You had a
strong tongue reflex and pushed anything we put in your mouth back out. But after a few weeks I got you to eat and
surprisingly it was peas! You loved peas and hated pears! People say that most
babies love fruits over vegetables but you are the opposite and love your
veggies. You definitely got this from your dad, I hate vegetables. Each week we
tried a new vegetable or fruit so we would know if you were allergic to
anything and so far nothing!
You love to make a mess!
Clothes:
You are now wearing 6 month clothes.
Diaper:
You are now in a size 3 pampers cruiser
You are now sitting up on your own. Right at 5 months you
could sit up and sometimes fall over but within a few weeks you were a pro. I
think you really enjoyed being able to sit up on your own. You could play with
different toys and look around.
You still love to roll around!
Mothers Day was this month. Your daddy did an excellent
job making the day very special for me. I had breakfast in bed, lunch at one of
my favorite places, snow cones and grocery shopping! It was a great day and
loved being able to spend the day with both of you!
You also had your first boat ride this month!






No comments:
Post a Comment