Thursday, August 16, 2012

Morning at the Lake Beach

Last weekend we had some time to kill before going to my work summer party.  Luke and I have talked about for several months taking Lakelyn and Molly to our local lake beach to play.  So last Saturday morning we packed up and headed out.  Molly loves to swim and Lakelyn enjoys playing in the sand.

When we got to the lake no one else was on the beach, we had it all to ourselves!  I was happy because I knew I would get to take pictures without everyone looking at me or hearing my weird noises I make to try and get Lakelyn to smile.

When we got there we threw Mollys toy in the lake and she wasn’t quite sure what to think.  Luke ran up and down the beach with her to try and get her excited.  There were a few boats that would drive by and make big waves, Molly wasn’t too sure what to think of these.  Although Molly did get in the water a play a few times she was more interested in sniffing all the dogs that had been there before her.



Lakelyn enjoyed watching Molly play up and down the beach.  Then we let her play on the beach.  I tried to get a good picture of her playing in the sand next to her name that I wrote in the sand but the water kept washing up and washing it away.  I got a few good pictures before the next wave washed it away again.



Lakelyn really enjoyed digging, eating and crawling in the sand.  She didn’t quite know what to think of the sand in her mouth.  I thought let her do it a few times and then she will quite doing it, nope the girl just kept putting her fingers in her mouth!  The next day she had a nice sandy poo…



Being at the lake was a great way to spend Saturday morning, even if we weren’t in the boat!

Speaking of boat, we have not taken the boat out in 3 weeks.  The last time we went out Luke had a wreck and hurt his hand.  We took him to the doctor the next day and they said it was not broke but would not show up for 10-14 days.  So two weeks later he went to the doctor again and the confirmed it was not broke but probably sprang some ligaments.  He is still really sore but it’s getting better.

This Saturday we are taking the boat out to our local lake for a neighborhood lake day.  All the neighbors and their kids are coming out to enjoy some fun on the lake in the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...