I
am beyond overwhelmed on what we should do when we are in New York City in a
few weeks. We got our hotel booked but
now it’s the event planning that is overwhelming. I have so many questions and no one to answer
them. Like I said before NYC is pretty
expensive to people here in Kansas (the flight anyways) so I only know a few
people that have been to NYC and all they have told me is to take the subway
not taxis.
The
subway?! That seems really overwhelming. It reminds me of the monorail at Disney
World. I felt like we spent hours on
that thing trying to get from one place to the next!
Luke
and I know that we both want to see the 9/11 memorial. What a life changing tragic event. I can’t even imagine.
Should
we see a broadway show? Luke and I aren’t
really into theater but everyone says it’s a must. I think the only shows we would be interested
in are Spiderman, Wicked or Lion King.
I
would like to see and take a picture of the Statue of Liberty. Since we will be short on time I am not
really interested in making a day of it.
I
think Central Park, Rockefeller Plaza, Empire State building are a must. Oh, it would be magical if Luke would propose
at the stop of the empire state building.
Who am I kidding it would be magical if he would just propose by now!
Of
course we have to have some NY pizza!
Luke and I are both looking forward to all the wonderful new food that
NY has to offer. I am sure when we get
back I will have gained 10lbs and Luke will have lost 5lbs and he will have
eaten his share, my share and more. Men
suck!
I
am sure there is so much more. We have
only began to look and we already wish we had more than 3 days!





Hey girl, I'm super jealous of your trip to NY. I want to go so badly. I've been a few times and I it's my favorite place to visit. You can see the Statue of Liberty from the brooklyn bridge, but it's far away, but visable. So unless you have a big camera lens, its gonna be hard to get pics. They also have the Statan Island Ferry which I've heard circles around Liberty Island. I've never done it I don't know how much of your day it would take up, but it is free, which is ALWAYS a plus. The views fromt the Empire State building are truly amazing & it I always dream about how romantic it would be if my boyfriend proposed at the top as well. Us girls can dream right ;)
ReplyDeleteI cannot give my opnion on the subway vs taxi situation because well, Taxis are expensive & the Subway is confusing. I've gone the wrong way, its not fun but there are people around to help. I always just ask the police officers I see, they are pretty helpful!
ny.com
nycgo.com
both sites I used when I went and it gives you all the detals on anything your looking for! Have fun!
Ashley
ashleysaysblog.blogspot.com
Thanks for all the info! I can not wait to visit!
Delete