Monday, September 24, 2012

Luke’s Proposal Story


After Luke proposed and I said YES he then told me how it all came about.

Several months ago Luke and I went ring shopping around different stores so that he could get an idea of what I did and did not like.  It was a good thing we did this because what I thought I liked in pictures is not what I liked on my finger.  I picked out 2 mountings that I liked and left it up to him.

SEVERAL months passed by with nothing….I had began to give up hope.  Luke isn’t the best organized or planner.  I figured he had just forgotten about it or hadn’t put it on his priority list.
 
When he proposed on September 15th, 2012
it was one of the biggest surprises of my life.

I was overjoyed with happiness!


Here is how it all happen…..


My father owns a jewelry store so he knew he was going to get my ring from him.  When Luke and I planned our NYC trip he knew this is how he wanted to propose.  However from the time we booked our trip to NYC and actually went to NYC were only a few weeks so he had to work fast.  Luke and my dad looked everywhere for a mounting like the ones I picked out in the stores but had no luck.  Luke then decided to buy the main diamond from my dad and the mounting from Helzberg’s where I picked it out.  My dad had a hard time finding the quality diamond that Luke wanted but then found the perfect one and had it shipped to him.  Luke went and looked at the diamond the Thursday before he left.  He saw the diamond and knew it was perfect.  He then went to Helzberg’s and bought the mounting and told them he needed the diamond set that day.  They told him it would take a week and he explained how he didn’t have a week.  They made it work and told him it would be done the next day.  However Luke was leaving the next day for NYC.  My dad told him he would pick up the ring and ship it to him in NYC.

When Luke left the jewelry store on Thursday all he could do was hope that it would be done on time and arrive on time.

My dad picked the ring up on Friday and over nighted it to Luke on Saturday at our hotel.

On Saturday when I called Luke and told him our flight had landed and I would get a cab and meet him at the hotel he was in panic mode.  He had to get from his current hotel to our hotel before I arrived and hope the ring was there.  He got to the hotel about 10 min before I got there.  He got the package and opened it and saw my ring.  Our room wasn’t ready so he had to put the ring in his pocket and walk around NYC all day with it.  He told me later he was so nervous he was going to lose it.  Once we got back to our room several hours later after walking around we settled in.
 

He asked if I wanted to go to a nice dinner and I said no because we had just got there and I didn’t want to spend a lot of money if not necessary.  He then said he wanted to go on a gondola ride but they were booked for the night and the horse carriage house did not answer the phone.  He was so nervous and wanted to get the ring out of his pocket.

Finally we decided to go walking and find somewhere to eat.  I was digging in my purse and trying to make sure I had everything when he grabbed my hand, turned me around and said “before we go I want to give you something.” He then reached in his pocket, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I then began crying and of course said YES!!!
 
 
Tomorrow— How we told my family
 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through From Mrs. to Mama and glad I did! Your ring is gorgeous, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...