Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where were you on 9/11?

Today is September 11th, a day I hope no one ever forgets.  It was a horrific day that has forever changed everyone's lives.
 
 
 

Do you remember where you were on that day?

I was a sophomore in high school.  I was sitting in psychology class working on a project with a partner.  We had TV’s in all our classrooms and while we were working the teacher turned on the TV.  He must have heard about it because he turned on the TV right before the second tower got hit.  Our whole class witnessed the second tower getting hit on TV.  I personally did not know anyone in NY but had several class mates that were visually shaken.  Class was soon over and I went about my day.

I remember driving home from school and watching the coverage on the news. I also remember the gas stations being packed with everyone topping off their gas tanks. I cannot imagine living in New York City on that day. It makes me tear up thinking about it. Emotions people must have felt and still fell to this day not just on September 11thbut every day.
 
 
 
I am beyond thankful to everyone across our country who has served and continues to serve to protect our freedom each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...