Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and Tell: Let’s talk Babies!



I am linking up with Becky from From Mrs. to Mama this week for Show and Tell: Let’s Talk Babies
 
Tell us your favorite baby names?
I like unique names if you can’t tell by my daughter’s name, Lakelyn. A few of my favorites were:
Girl: Maylee, Adele, Oliva
Boy: Braxton, Rory, Raley

Show me your "dream" nursery
I love bright colors for a baby’s room. We did Lakelyn's room in pink, black and green. I also love the mix of patterns so we did polka dots and zebra.  My grandma made the crib bedding and I took the extra fabric to make the hoops around her name.


My dream room would be to paint the walls. My boyfriend loves plain white walls so nothing in our house is painted, except the basement which is a very light tan. I love Chevron right now so this nursery would be a dream!

 

How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
I would like to have at least a boy and a girl. I have a girl now and would love for the next one to be a boy so I can be done. If not I will try one more time but then I am done no matter if it’s a girl or not. I would like for them to be 2-3 years apart.

Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
I think the importance of parenting is consistency. I believe consistency allows your children to learn how to trust and understand what is expected from them. I believe parents have to treat their children the way they want their children to treat others.

Show us your favorite newborn photo
These are my two favorite ones from her newborn session done when she was 2 weeks old.

 

Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent
- I will not allow my children scream for no reason.  I hate being around people who are deaf to their own children screaming.

- I will never let my child sleep in my bed.  I think this will be harder then I think.  I just don’t want to be one of those people who sleeps like crap because of a kid in the bed.

- I will never allow my baby to cry it out.  I did this at 5 months because Lakelyn would cry in my arms every time we tried to put her down.  Finally we put her in her bed an after 15 min of fussing she put herself to sleep.  Best thing we ever did!

- I will never call my children stupid, ugly, fat or anything that could hurt their self esteem.

- I will never make them feel like my problems are there fault.

- I will never walk around inappropriate in front of my kids

- Never thought I would wipe off a boogie or snot with my bare hand, I’ve done it.

 

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up! I'm loving your cute little blog and your sweet little girl. I'm so with you on the not letting kids sleep in your bed. We have stuck to it and don't regret a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from the link up. Your daughter is adorable. I love the colors of her nursery and her name. Her newborn pictures are adorable! We have never let our kids sleep in our bed either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that nursery! And those pictures are too precious! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally have the same nursery taste---I have the same picture on the right on my page:) And I love the newborn pictures!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2012/09/show-and-tell-baby-talk.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love the name Braxton!

    And for having such a cute blog, I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award!

    Go here to read more about it :))

    http://fromcaliforniatokansas.blogspot.com/2012/09/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...