Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Paws to Claws: Meet Molly aka Moo Moo


Today I am linking up with Mallory from From California to Kansas for Paws to Claws, a link up about our fur babies!

Meet our boxer Molly aka Moo Moo



Paws To Claws From California To Kansas


We found Molly August of 2007 in a restaurant parking lot.  After reporting her lost and no one claiming her we knew she was meant to be ours.  Luke and I had wanted to get a Great Dane but at the time we lived in an apartment that would not accept that large of a dog and we were building our first home and decided to wait until after we moved to get a dog.



But God had other plans for us.  We instantly fell in love with her.  At her first vet visit they told us she was around 10 weeks old and had been outside for quite some time because of all the bug bites and scabs on her. 
She was the sweetest puppy we had ever met and was now our BABY. 



Everyone who meets her falls in love.  She is not like most boxers.  She is very calm and well trained.  Molly lives to please us and we appreciate her so much.


Her favorite toy is a balloon.  She will play balloon volleyball with you for hours!  She knows how to turn the balloon around to grab the nipple to pick it up and carry it around.








She loves to sleep and sleeps A LOT!



We dress her up for Christmas…



And Halloween…



Her most favorite place to be is at the Lake.  She loves boat rides and swimming!








Although one time at the lake she got bit by a horse fly and had an allergic reaction.  My poor baby had a swollen face!



Her best friend is Nelly who lives next door.  When it’s nice outside Nelly will jump her fence to come over and play with Molly.



Her newest friend is Jade.  This is my best friend’s dog that got a boxer after falling in love with Molly.  Jade and Molly have lots of sleep over’s together.





Molly was our world.  Then we had Lakelyn.  We weren’t sure how Molly would react to having Lakelyn around.  But not to our surprise she has been an amazing dog to Lakelyn.  Molly is very gentle and VERY tolerant of everything Lakelyn does to her (climbing, pulling and jumping).






One of Lakelyn’s first words was Moo Moo.  We call Molly, Molly Moo Moo, not sure why we just always have.  Lakelyn loves Molly so much.  Luke and I talk often about how we wish Molly was younger so she could grow up with Lakelyn, unfortunately this August she will turn 6.  Boxers normally only live 7-8 years and this makes us so sad.  We have had two tumors removed from her to make sure they weren’t cancer (not cheap!).  Luke and I are willing to do anything for her.








Needless to say Lakelyn is our world but we love and care for Molly as much as we did before. 





Molly is a great dog and there isn’t one thing we would change about her!



post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hopping over from the paws to claws link up, I'm also a boxer momma and your fur baby and baby are precious! It breaks my heart hey have such short lives compared to other breeds. Id rather not think about that day and ours is only 1 and 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for sharing. I love how much Molly loves your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story. There is nothing more touching than people rescuing or adopting their pets. I hope your little (or big) fur-child lives a lot longer.

    Stopping by from the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo glad that Mallory held this link up and I am sooo glad that I found you!

    I am a boxer mommy too, and absolutely live for my poochies! My husband begged to get a boxer and I gave in, and now after owning one I don't believe I will ever own another breed, and seeing Molly be so great with babies makes me soo excited to have Tally as we decide on starting a family! Molly is adorable and I am soo excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly is beautiful. It almost broke my heart reading that you found her with bites and scabs :-((((
    Hooray for people who rescue!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...