Friday, January 18, 2013

Weigh In- Week 14


WOW!  What a busy week it has been!

This week my friend Sara and I tried out Title Boxing.  We got 3 fee classes, so we went Monday and Wednesday and are going to try and go tomorrow.  It was packed Monday but a lot of fun!  Best workout I have had in a long time and it was a great switch up from the ol’ gym.  Needless to say I was a hot sweaty mess after and sore the next day but looked forward to Wednesday to do it again!



So here is how the week went….

Monday- Title Boxing

Tuesday- (Gym) 2.87 miles and 520 calories + weights

Wednesday- Title Boxing

Thursday- (Gym) 3.03 miles and 586 calories

Friday- REST

Wednesday I went and bought a heart rate monitor watch, Polar FT7.  I have wanted one for a long time but hate how expensive they are.  So I decided to go buy one on Wednesday and test it out to see if I even like it and then if I did I would keep it and if not then return it.  I didn’t have time to set it up before Title Boxing so I was anxious to use it at the gym on Thursday.  I really wanted to see how it counted my calories burned compared to the treadmill.  In the beginning the watch was around 5-7 calories behind the treadmill, and then when I ran it was 15-20 calories behind.  I started walking again and the watch caught back up.  When I was done with my workout the watch said I had burned 540 calories and the treadmill said 520, so about a 20 calories difference.  I was impressed, a lot better than I thought the difference would be.  I was expecting 100 calories.  I live about a 2 min drive from the gym so when I got home to get in the shower the watch said I had burned 586 calories.  YAY!

Enough with the rambling….

The scale this morning was.....

165!

That’s right 2 lbs!  I was hoping for more since I worked out a lot more this week but Aunt Flow decided to visit and I seem to hold on to weight when she is around.  BUT 2 lbs is better than that dreadful plateau I had been on!

So I am down 15 lbs since I stated this journey!!  Halfway to my wedding goal, I’ve got 4 months to lose the next 15 lbs!


I am a visual person so let’s put this into perspective…Here is 15 lbs of fat NOT on my body anymore!




I have decides to join 2 weight loss competitions to keep me motivated.  The first one is a family weight loss competition with Lukes family (mom, sister, future sister in law and Luke).  Luke doesn’t really need to lose any weight but knows he has a good chance of winning because the others don’t stay motivated for too long.  We each put in $25 dollars and winner takes all!  This contest runs from 1/28 to 5/1.

The other contest is at Title Boxing.  A membership to Title is $60 a month and you have to sign a year contract.  Sorry, I am not spending that kind of money.  But during this contest 3 members and 3 non-members can participate.  Non-members only pay $30 a month for the 2 months contest.  This I can handle!  Various prizes handed throughout the contest.  This contest is from 2/1 to 4/1.

Plenty to keep me on track!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great job Ashley - I love any type of workout for free! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss! :)

    I wanted to invite you to join our weekly weekend "Meet & Greet Blog Hop"! Come stop by and link up and join the fun if you have time this weekend. :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss! I can't wait to get a Polar heart rate monitor next month. And I always love seeing the pics of fat when you lose weight, it helps put things into perspective.

    - Hilary
    www.cupcakesandcarrots.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...