Today I am continuing my “30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me.” You can see all 30 questions
here.
Today's topic, Describe
10 pet peeves you have.
1. Hypocrites- I
hate people who either ask you not to do something but do it themselves or vice
versa. We have a neighbor who I have
asked several times if she is going to leave her dog outside to bark to please
put her in the back yard not on the front porch right next to my daughter’s
bedroom. Lakelyn wakes up every morning
at 7:15am because of this damn dog barking.
However, the night before 4th of July she had the nerve to
ask our other neighbors to not light fireworks off because her daughter was
asleep, it was 8pm, her daughter is 7 years old, it’s the 4th of
July (what do you expect), I would be more respectful if YOU WERE!
2. When the
towels are folded the wrong way, I can’t explain the right way I would have to
show you.
3. Luke NOT peeing in the toilet at night. He doesn’t want to open his eyes because he
thinks it will be harder for him to get back to sleep. He gets most of it in the toilet but still
splashes on the ring, EWW! My theory, if
it’s that important to keep your eyes closed then sit down and pee, I promise I
won’t tell anyone and it won’t make you less of a man!
4. Shoes- Take
your shoes off when you come in my house!
I don’t walk in your house with my shoes on. I am getting a little more relaxed on this
one. However, we have hard wood floors
so if someone has a small rock on the bottom on their shoe and walks around it
scratches our floors. Plus I have a kid
who plays on the floors you’re walking on with your dirty shoes. And on that note, I have a kid so I don’t
have time to vacuum after everyone who walks in with their shoes on! Oh, and
don’t make fun of my “Please take your shoes off,” sign on the door. If I came to your house and saw a sign that
said “Please put this hat on before entering,” I may think it’s weird but if I
wanted to come in I would put the hat on!
![]() |
| Source |
5. When people
complain about something they have control over. Like when someone says I am tired of being
fat but continues to eat like crap and not workout. Or I am going to meet the love of my life
after I lose weight but then they don’t do anything to lose weight and complain
about how they are going to be single forever.
It’s not all about weight issues but those were on the top of my head.
6. People who
don’t control their children. You better
believe if we go out to eat and my child is getting antsy she will get a sucker
to keep her quite. Probably not the correct way but I go out to eat to enjoy
myself and so do others, so if it’s not Chuck E Cheese then I will do whatever
it takes to make my child behave and not bother others.
7. Luke not cleaning up the messes he makes. Anytime he makes something it’s as close to
the edge of the counter as possible and of course gets on the floor. When he makes a sandwich he of course doesn’t
use a plate and gets crumbs everywhere. If there is a pan of brownies setting
on the counter he will dig his fork right in instead of cutting one and putting
it on a plate, again crumbs everywhere!
If you don’t want to eat over a plate then at least eat over the sink so
I don’t have to clean up after you.
8. Luke’s
clothes in general. First of all he doesn’t take the hanger off the rack when
he takes the shirt off; he just rips the shirt off the hanger and leaves it
behind. Leaving his belt on the kitchen
counter and then walking into the bedroom to change. Leaving his clothes laying
on the floor because “he is going to wear them again” and doesn’t. He doesn’t
get rid of anything! He has at least a
decade of Old Chicago t-shirts and won’t get rid of one of them!
9. Putting dirty
dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is empty. Is it really that hard to take one extra stop
to your right and put your dish in the dishwasher?
10. People who
walk slowly or drive slowly and don’t allow you to get around them. I know I am fast walker and like to get from
A to B as fast as possible. So if you
are going to walk/drive slow (and maybe you don’t know you are a slow walker/driver)
at least be aware of your surrounding and make room for others to get around
you.
Although all of these are pet peeves of mine I have
learned to “control” most of them. I use
to get really mad and irritated at Luke about the ones above I talked about but
it didn’t do anything but cause friction in our relationship. Most of them I just deal with and don’t even
bring up anymore. Are his clothes being
on the floor really worth a fight, NO of course not! That doesn’t mean that I never bring them up
but I have learned to talk about them later then when it makes me mad. And I know Luke is aware of what bothers me
and does a lot better job then he used to.

my husband totally sits to pee. not all the time, but I guess when he's too tired to stand??
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with 1,2,4,5,6 :) I absolutely despise picking up after other people because they are just being too lazy to do something, (eating over the sink or a plate). It makes me crazy. At least once a week my bf forgets to flush the toilet after a morning pee and I about lose my mind. You put the seat back down but couldn't push the lever???
ReplyDelete