Tuesday, August 13, 2013

30 Things: What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

Today I am continuing my “30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me.”  You can see all 30 questions here.

What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

Relationships

In today’s society gay marriage is a huge topic that I believe should not be an issue.   If two people fall in love they should be able to get married.  Why does it matter if they are both women and men?  I understand for religion purposes it may matter but as far as the government goes why are they allowed to control this?  I understand if a church does not want to allow two people of the same sex to get married under their roof, which is there right. 
I would like to know if my daughter grew up and wanted to spend the rest of her life with a women that she could and it be recognized by the state.  That she is allowed all the benefits of being a married couple just as her mother and father did.  Why wouldn’t you want happiness for your child?  If living her life with another woman is what makes her happy then I am going to support it.  I would rather her spend the rest of her life with a women then marrying a man who she doesn’t fully love to only get a divorce a couple years later and who knows if there are children in between all of that to drag through the divorce.

I don’t believe people choose to be gay, I believe they are born this way.  Who chooses to be gay to live in a society where they don’t feel accepted or to grow up in school and be bullied?

I hope one day people will see that LOVE is LOVE and allow marriage to be between two people who love each other, no matter what the sex is of those two people.



Via
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I have a gay brother. I watched him fight through his school years. He moved away from us 7 years to live in a more gay accepting community. He is with the man he will spend the rest of his life with and yet they can't marry because his state doesn't allow it. Why can't they just let everyone be happy and equal.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...