Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Said YES to the Dress!



On December 15th I said Yes to the Dress!


I had shopped at 5 or 6 stores and probably tried on what felt like over a 100 dresses.  It was way harder than I thought it would be.  Since I don’t live in a town with anything other than a David’s Bridal I had to drive 1 to 1 ½ hours to shop.

I had it narrowed down to 2 dresses which were completely different.  The first one was very frilly and fun and the second one was more traditional and feminine.  After thinking long and hard I tried on the second dress again and fell in love with it all over.  I am only going to get married once and although a fun dress would be, well fun…I wanted to feel and look beautiful and the second dress made me feel this way.



After arriving at the shop and saying YES my mother went out to her car and brought in the sign she made.  I wish I was as crafty as she was!  She always does a great job of making every memorable moment feel so special.  She also had a basket filled with chilled champagne, champagne, chocolate and strawberries.  We were going to use this at the bridesmaid dress place but then I forgot about it until we left to go home.



My maid of honor (Sara), one of my bridesmaids (Kelly), my mom and grandma were all there to share the special day with me.  My other bridesmaid Misty was not able to make it due to a busy day of her boy’s soccer games and a family Christmas.


Dress hidden so Luke doesn't peek!


After saying YES to my dress it was time to go find the bridesmaid dresses.  We were starting from scratch since I felt like the first dresses I picked out would have went better with the dress I didn't pick.  After what felt like them trying on a hundred dresses we found one we all liked.  My girls are all very similar in body shape so it wasn’t hard finding lots of dresses to pick from, we just had to find the one that didn’t make them look like they had a gut which none of them had.

We decided on a dress that will have to be pieced together.  It’s going to be a combination of the dresses below.  The dress will be in all black, fabric of the green and white dress, the top and middle band of the green and white dress but the bottom of the pink dress.  The sweet heart top matches the top of my dress.



It was a great day and I am so excited to have another big thing off my checklist!

 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I remember that moment. It's def. one I'll remember for the rest of my life. I only tried on 3 dresses before finding "the one" Actually..I fell in love with it when I seen it featured on the show! I'm sure your dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you are keeping us in suspense about the dress. I do look forward to seeing it in later posts. I am following you now and would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/dos-and-dont-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun times to remember and exciting to check off the list!
    Hey I'm your newest follower, come visit me too on my blog: www.thegohmans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I tried on a really fun dress (TONS of ruffles, I couldn't even walk in it) that I thought I would love and decided it was too overboard for me! It's always better to go with something elegant than something that you'll regret or will go out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finding your dress. The bridesmaids dresses are going to be super cute

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...