Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baby Brother


My baby brother turns 21 today!!!!  I can’t believe it!

I remember my grandparents taking me to the hospital to see Gibson for the first time, I also remember getting ice cream after!
 
I am a middle child and the only girl so I grew up with one older brother and one younger.  My oldest brother, Nick, is 31, I am 28 and Gibson is now 21!  Gosh, how time flies!  I loved having brothers and since I didn’t have sisters this is why I wanted my first born to be a boy.

I loved having an older brother to pick on me, to make me tough and to have him pick on other people when they picked on me!  I felt like every girl needed an older brother to protect her!

I was blessed to have Lakelyn, a healthy beautiful baby and wouldn’t change anything even if I could.  I look at my relationship with Gibson having an older sister.  I would do anything for him and I am so protective of both my brothers.  When Gibson finally brings home a girl you better believe I will be nice to her face but the moment I get in the car I am sure I will start picking her apart to Luke.  I am just like that, always have been and always will be.

Speaking of picking my brothers women apart, this is a picture of Gibson and I at my older brother’s wedding.  This was in 2003, I was 18 and Gibson was 10.  I cried before the wedding and barley made it through the wedding.  I am surprised when the preacher asked, “does anyone here object to this marriage,”  I didn’t jump out of the bridesmaid line to say, “I do, I do!”  To say I wasn’t a fan of my brother’s future wife would be an understatement.  She was not nice and a few years later they did get divorced.
 
Anyways, back to the picture.  I was single at the time, the wedding was in the middle of BFE, I had a few drinks and Gibson was my dance partner the whole night.  I had so much fun that night and I truly believe the only reason was because of Gibson.  Although, I am sure he doesn’t remember the night as well as I do it will always be one of my best memories with him.

Gibson truly is a good catch and anyone that meets him is lucky to have him in there life.  He is sweet, kind, honest and grounded.  He was never the wild child, never pressed his luck, never got out of line, he was the easy kid
(and I am sure my parents were grateful for that after raising Nick and I).

Happy Birthday to my baby all grown up brother!!
Can’t wait to sit down and have many legal beers together!
 
 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from peacoats and plaid's link up. What a beautiful post.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Hope your brother has a great birthday! I'm the middle child too! :)

    I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...