Monday, March 11, 2013

FAQ

When I started this blog I never thought I would be doing this, a FAQ.  I never thought anyone would email me or really even care what I had to say.  I write this blog more for me and one day Lakelyn.  But as my blog continues to grow so do the emails.  Here are some questions I get asked frequently that I thought I would share.
 
How old are you?
 
I just turned 28 last Novemeber.  Funny story about that here.
 
What do you do at the Gym?
 
I go to the gym for an hour in the morning.  First thing I do is get on the treadmill.  I use to walk at an incline of 10 for as long as I could or until I reached 500 calories.  If I got tired I would drop the incline down to 5 or 0 for a few minutes and then right back up to 10.  I did this the first 3-4 months I started working out.  I didn’t have my watch back then so I had to go off the treadmill.  Now that I am a little lighter I have been working on my running.  I started out running for 5 min and then walking for 5 min and alternating until I hit 500 calories.  Recently I have been trying to improve my 5K time.  I always walk a warm up and then run at a 6.2 for as long as I can go.  Then walk to catch my breath and then run again, alternating until I reach my 5K.
After the treadmill I use the weight machines.  I mostly do arms since I just worked legs on the treadmill but sometimes I do both.  I normally only have time for 3 or 4 machines with 3 sets of 12 on each, weight is normally 20lbs.

Where does your motivation come from?
The best motivation for me is seeing the pounds on the scale disappear.  Another current motivation is my upcoming wedding and honeymoon.  I always told myself (and Luke) I would try and get in the best shape of my life when we got married.  And lastly but equally important, Lakelyn, she truly is my world.  I want to set a good example for her and live a long healthy life for her.
 
What is your favorite unhealthy food item(s)?
 
I love eating out and I enjoy drinking, I love to be social.  So anything high calories and not vegetables I probably love!

How do you find the energy to work out every day?
 
It’s hard but when I do it I feel so much better.  Trust me, I still to this day hate getting up at 4:30am, getting out of my warm bed and driving to the gym.

I was wondering what kind of running shoes you use?
 
Brooks!  I love them.  I am not sure if it’s because the previous pair I had were really old or because of the brand but they really are comfortable.  When I decided this was it, this was going to be the time I got on a diet, worked out and stuck with it, I went to a shoe store and got fitted for the right pair.  The old me would have went into any store and bought the brightest cutest colored pair but this time I went for comfort.  Don’t get me wrong when I knew the kind I needed I still picked out the cutest color!
 
 

Do you take any supplements or vitamins?
 
No supplements.  I did a post on starting Raspberry Ketone but after 30 days I quit.  I couldn’t tell a difference taking them so I decided I needed to stop taking them to see if I could tell any difference.  There was no difference so I decided to stop taking something that was not working for me.  I TRY and take my daily vitamins which consist of calcium (I hate milk), prenatal (good overall), biotin (to try and make my hair grow) and fish oil (helps my bad knees).  If you have bad knees I highly suggest fish oil, I can tell when I don’t take it and a big difference when I do (I take mine before bed because a lot of people complain about burping them).
 
I'm having a hard time getting started, any pointers?
 
Set small goals-  Don’t look at the big picture of wanting to lose 50lbs and thinking there is no way so why try.  Set your goal at 10lbs and when you meet that goal set it for another 10lbs, before you know it you will be half way to goal.
 
Calorie count- You have to burn more calories than you consume to lose weight.  It’s all about plus and minus.  Keep track of every little piece of candy that goes in your mouth.  You’ll be surprised how they add up!  I use the My Fitness Pal app on my phone and online.  You can follow me, ashley1st, its good to have supporters and motivators!

Tell everyone- Tell everyone and there dog you are on a diet.  The more people you tell the more people to hold you accountable.  You might find some of these people as your biggest cheerleaders!

If you have any questions you would like to see answered please email me at firstcamethebaby(at)hotmail(dot)com.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great answers to great questions. I've been taking fish oil for about a month and I don't see any results from it but I know the omegas are good so I keep taking it. I didn't know it was good for bad knees though so that's even better for me! Requested you on MFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to run at a 6.2 too! I can't go for very long though. the longest I've done is 13 minutes but lately I'm not dong more than 5-6 minutes at a time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...