Due to our venue we were not able to have an actual rehearsal
the day before our wedding. But we still
wanted to have a dinner to tell all of our family and friends thank you for all
their support and help.
Luke’s parents hosted us a Rehearsal Dinner at a local brewery. We invited our parents, siblings with spouse
and children, grandparents and bridal party.
Appetizers were server and then dinner. Dinner was buffet consisting of BBQ burnt
ends, chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and rolls.
Since our wedding cake was going to more than enough
for our wedding guest we served Luke’s grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner.
Our cake lady did NOT disappoint. We were both so happy with how well this
turned out. It was all edible except the
glass beer bottles.
The bottom layer was strawberry cake with the beer
barrel being vanilla cake with Bavarian filled cream {Luke’s favorite}.
We handed out our gifts to our parents and bridal party
to show our appreciation. Luke gave his
groomsmen engraved silver cuff links, personalized bottle opener key chains and
a bottle of their favorite liquor. I
gave my girls a black sequin clutch and make bag, personalized chevron compact
mirror and a bottle of pink Relax wine.
I also paid for their hair and makeup and half of their dresses.
Although the night ended well, the morning was a whole
different story….
......{to be continued}

I'm WAY behind on reading but I wanted to catch up on all the wedding posts :) I love that cake! I wish we had done a grooms cake or a cake for my husband at the rehearsal!
ReplyDelete