Two weeks ago we started transitioning Lakelyn to cow’s
milk.
Lakelyn has never really had diaper rash. Just the few sporadic spots here and there
but we always put cream on her every diaper change to keep it away.
When we started the milk transition we started out with
half formula and half milk.
Lakelyn was coming home from daycare with worse and
worse diaper rash. By the weekend she
was screaming when we would change her diaper.
This KILLED my heart.
I got on to Pinterest and searched home remedy diaper
rash.
There were several options to pick from but most of
them I didn’t have the ingredients at home, like coconut oil, who has that just
sitting around in their house?
Another option I came across was egg whites. It said to take the white of an egg and wipe
all over the diaper rash. So that night
I changed Lakelyn and wiped the egg white all over her diaper rash, nothing
else just the egg white.
The next morning her diaper rash was 75% better. All the redness and puffiness was all gone. She still had a few spots that were visibly
still there but they didn’t look bright red or painful.
Lakelyn was definitely in a better mood the next day
and didn’t scream when I changed her diaper.
We did another egg white the next night and her diaper
rash was pretty much all gone in two days!
We will definitely be using egg whites again if this
issue comes up again.
That's actually a great idea! We've always just used Destin for Jasmine, but lately it seems as if her diaper rash has been more persistent. Of course that could be directly correlated to the fact that she has just started going to daycare for the first time as well. Anyhow, thanks for the great tip. Will have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteReese
My baby has been on Honest diapers since she was born. They are soft, quilted, and worked really well for watery poop. I would love to keep her on Honest. When she outgrew size 3, I bought small packs of size 4 diapers for her to try. They fits babies well. They are smaller, thinner and softer
ReplyDeleteJessica Alba Diapers