Monday, November 5, 2012

Show and Tell: My Job


I am a Sr. Licensing and New Business specialist at an insurance marketing organization (IMO) in Kansas.  Our company works with independent agents across the country {so NOT State Farm, All State, Farmers, etc} that sell life insurance and fixed annuities.  When an agent wants to sell insurance products through Aviva, Met Life, Genworth etc they have to go through an IMO.  We provide all the back office support for these agents so that they can continue to sell while we process.

The company I work for started in Dec 2009 and I started in Nov 2010.  When I started there were 3 employees including myself.  Today there are 6 employees.

1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?

I have a bachelor in general business. I would say that my degree has helped me in my career but you definitely don’t need a degree to do my job.  You have to know the insurance industry and how it works.

2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.

I am a supervisor over 2 departments but that is only 1 person.  I process all of our agents licensing, process new business applications, calculate commissions, run several reports a month for my boss, keep him organized {which is a job in itself ;)}, and so much more on a daily basis.  I have so many hats I am not sure how I wear them all at some times!


3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.



4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.

I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people I work with.  Like I said before our company is small but growing.  At this time I plan on staying here and growing with this company.  My job can only improve as we grow!

5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in.

You have to be very organized, detail oriented and patient to do my job.  You will always be busy and its important you do your job correctly the first time because if not it takes more time to correct your mistake.

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...