Monday, November 19, 2012

Lakelyn’s 1st Birthday

Yesterday was Lakelyn’s first birthday!  She had been fighting a fever starting Thursday and it finally broke Saturday evening.  It was nice to know she was feeling a little better on Sunday and we could take her out to celebrate the
BIG 1!

Luke and I decided to take her to our local Zoo.  It was a gorgeous day for it!  Plus it was not busy at all so we pretty much had the zoo to ourselves!

When we arrived we saw a sign that said you could feed the giraffes for a dollar but only for an hour.  It had just begun as we showed up so we headed right over.

This was a lot of fun and Lakelyn thought it was pretty neat too!  Daddy and I took turns helping her feed the giraffe!








 
After the giraffes we headed back to the beginning of the zoo to make our way around.  First up were the mountain lions.  When we first walked up they were way in the back but when they saw up walk up to the glass one of them headed right over.  We held Lakelyn up to the glass and the cat started licking the glass where Lakelyn’s hand was.  It was so cute!



 

Then we saw bears


 

And Ducks, Lakelyn shared her cheerios.
 
Flamingo in the rainforest
 

Then the elephants!!

 

Lions were next.
 

Then we took a break ;) Lakelyn doesn’t have any shoes or socks on in these pictures because she kept pulling them off.  So we looked like bad parents pushing our kid around with a jacket and no shoes or socks.

 
The last stop was the monkeys!  They were having a lot of fun with each other.  Unfortunately there were some ADULTS sitting right in front of them by the glass and they didn’t feel the need to allow the children to be up close so Lakelyn couldn’t get up close.


 

After the Zoo we headed across the street to play on the playground for a bit.  Lakelyn LOVES to swing; she giggles and gets so happy!





 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie. Happy first birthday Lakelyn!
    Looks like you had a fun time at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i love the zoo!! yay. happy birthday pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How presh! Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl! I am glad she enjoyed the zoo trip! I love how the little mountain lion was licking the glass trying to lick her hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love feeding giraffes! and I love the lion licking the glass! how cute! happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Lakelyn! I love that name by the way (if I haven't told you that already). Kyla loves the zoo too. I wish it wasn't so cold here or I would take her again. Glad to hear she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day!! She is such a cutie!! Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Lakelyn!
    Isn't it crazy how fast the first year passes by?
    Loved the pictures. We took our baby to the zoo on her first birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...