Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wedding Day- Part 1

If you haven’t already, you can read about the day before the wedding at the rehearsal dinner here.

The rehearsal dinner itself was great.  Great family, friends and food.

In the middle of the night I woke up with the worse stomach ache.  I tossed and turned in bed and wondered if the excitement and nerves were getting to me.  Finally at 2:30am I decided I needed to make myself throw up to try and feel better and to try and get some sleep.  I did just that, I threw up and initially felt better.  I woke up at 6:30am with the stomach pains again and couldn’t get back to sleep, my alarm was set for 7am.  Since I couldn’t sleep I decided to go ahead and get in the shower.  While in the shower I thought I was going to pass out.  I yelled at Luke to go get me a pop because I felt like my blood sugar was running low.  After drinking a little pop I made it through my shower and then went and laid back in bed. Luke was already awake so we laid in bed and tried to figure out what was wrong with me.  All we could come up with was food poisoning.  I tried to eat but everything made me feel nauseous. 

Why did this have to happen to me? AND on my wedding day!

I knew my Maid of Honor had a few of our out of town friends staying with her after the rehearsal dinner and assumed they would stay up drinking.  So I texted her at 8am to make sure she was up and alive for our hair appointments at 8:30am.  She immediately called me and was crying.  She said that she had been up all night throwing up and was so sick she could barley move but was on her way to the salon.  She felt horrible and wanted me to know she wasn’t hung over and that she thought she got food poisoning.  I told her not to worry and that I had it too!!

She had already called her mom asking what she could do to help and had her boyfriend go get her Pedialyte to try and keep her hydrated.  When I walked into the salon she looked like death!  I have never seen her look so bad!!

While I was waiting for my turn I texted everyone at the rehearsal dinner the night before and everyone else was feeling fine.

Of all people to get food positioning the night before MY wedding, it had to be ME AND my MAID OF HONOR!!!

Sara and I left the salon and went to Walgreens to get anti nauseous medicine.  Then we all met back at my house to relax for a little bit and then get ready for pictures at 1pm……


…….{to be continued}


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Dang!!! The to be continued kills me! I want to hear about the rest of your day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I've only had food poisoning once and it was no fun, I can't imagine having it the day of your wedding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...