Luke and I got to go to Canada a few weeks ago for one
of his work trips. Although some of it
was work most of it was play and we had an absolute blast!
We flew out of Kansas City on Sunday at 6am and arrived
in Vancouver around 1pm and then took a 2 hour bus ride to Whistler.
We checked into our room at the Four Seasons,
which was gorgeous with an amazing view.
Our first full day in Whistler we decided to explore
and relax. We woke up and walked down to
the village which is an area with lots of shops and restaurants. After eating lunch and shopping we head back
to the hotel to relax by the pool. That
night we had a work dinner to attend, we ate dinner at the Jack Nicklaus Golf
Course. Not sure why we didn’t take more
pictures but the view was breath taking.
| Our view at Dinner |
Our second day in Whistler we planned an ATV
excursion. I have ridden a 4 wheeler
before with Luke but never by myself; I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. We rode through the mountains and through a
lot of rough terrain i.e. rock and tree roots on inclines. I was first in line so that made me feel more
comfortable and after riding for about 30 minutes I was comfortable with the
ATV and felt pretty good. I was so glad I did this because it was out of my comfort zone and I had an absolute blast!
Dust mask to keep the dust out of your nose
and mouth. It was so dusty that my black bra under my tank was grey! ew!
I am sure the instructors come up here on their days off- I was jealous.
We stopped at this lake to take a break.
I thought the lake would be really cold since we were up in the mountains
but surprisingly it felt like the temperature of our Kansas lake at the
beginning of the summer.
…..{to be continued}


No comments:
Post a Comment