Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Why I Blog

Blogging and writing is very hard for me.  I don’t have any confidence in my writing and I don’t enjoy the process of writing.  I have a hard time putting my thoughts and feelings into words.   I feel like I share too many details and sometimes not enough. 

I started this blog for two reasons: my children and health.  I want to be able to document everything about Lakelyn and any other future children.  I also wanted to blog about my weight loss journey; I feel this is a great way to hold myself accountable.

I want to capture the ordinary days with my family because I know they are going to fly by all too fast, as they have already done.  It may seem boring to some that I write mainly about my kids, trips to the zoo, birthday parties and lake trips.  But those are the best parts of my life and the parts I want to remember.  However, there are many memories I don’t get to capture on camera; facial expressions that only last a moment, sweet made up songs, giggles and so much more.

Priceless Moments: There is no better way to document these moments for our children. Looking back in 5 years, 10 years or even 20 years, these are going to be the moments we will cherish, and so will they!

Good Times & Bad: I feel as though sometimes its easiest to remember the bad moments over the good.  I can look back at my blog and see that the good outshine the bad and I always survived the bad.

Milestones: I am REALLY bad about filling in Lakelyn’s baby book and it doesn’t capture all of her.  Most baby books tell you about who was there when they were born, first teeth, first hair cut but not all the memories in between.  On here a blog post, a couple pictures and you have a readymade baby book which you can eventually have printed!

Accountability: I can look back and see how far I have come and look forward to how far I still have to go. For me in my weight loss journey I get the most motivation at looking at old pictures of when I was bigger.  I am so much happier now why would I ever want to go back in that state of mind?


Most importantly I blog for me.  

I don’t want to lose sight of why I started this blog. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...