I
finally had time to go through our NYC pictures and pick out some of my
favorites.
WARNING:
This post is going to be picture overload!
I am going to do our trip in 3 parts.
So check back tomorrow and Thursday for more pictures!
When
I flew in I got some amazing pictures of the New York City skyline and statue
of Liberty.
Statue
of Liberty
New
York City
Brooklyn
Bridge
I
am sure my taxi driver could tell I was a tourist because I took a picture as
soon as I got in the cab. I could not
believe there was a TV in the cab, we don’t have TV’s in our cabs in Kansas.
Here
is pile of trash from the night before.
My cab driver said it should have been picked up but apparently the
garbage man missed it. In NYC they don’t
have alleys with garbage bins. They
throw their trash in the street late at night and then the trash men drive
around and pick it up. This baffled me! Oh, and I have heard that NYC stinks (probably
because of this reason) but I didn’t think it stunk at all. Smelt like a normal city to me!
Once
I got to the hotel I met Luke and we ventured off until our room was
ready. Right down the street from us was
Rockefeller Plaza. We went into the gift
store and a nice man took our picture.
Here
is the front of Rockefeller Center.
Then
we walked down to St. Patrick’s cathedral.
This is the most amazing church I have ever seen, gorgeous!
Another
pretty church, I don’t remember the name of it.
We
then bought a bus pass and hopped on.
This was a bus you sat on the top of and rode around the city. I forgot to take a picture of it. I had mixed feelings on the whole bus
situation. I think it’s great for
tourist or old people who are not going to hop on and off of it all day
long. But after you have seen the city
and then want to explore the city you spend a lot of time waiting around on the
bus. They say they come by every 15-20
minutes but that did not seem to be true for us the whole time we were
there. And if they did stop half the
time the bus would be full so you couldn’t get on. One day Luke and I waited an hour on a bus,
then it came by and was full. We were
not happy.
Anyways…so
were on the bus now.
Looking
down Times Square.
When
I took this picture I was taking a picture of all the people on one side of the
sidewalk, I didn’t realize I had a nice booby shot of a model in the
background!
(Remember me telling you about unorganized crowded places?)
(It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be)
Another
picture of Times Square.
And
then go figure my camera died. My extra
battery was in my bag that was waiting on us at the hotel. So we continued to ride the bus and once we
got to the stop close to our hotel we got off and went back.
Then
we relaxed in the hotel for a bit and this is when Luke proposed!
Read
about how we told my family here.
After
he proposed we went to a few bars.
This
was all on our first day in NYC!
Part
2 tomorrow!
















No comments:
Post a Comment