Friday, October 26, 2012

Weigh In—Week 2


Its week 2 weigh in day…..

I have been getting up on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays at 4:45 to be at the gym by 4:50-4:55.

I walk/run on the treadmill for 30-40 min and then do weights until 5:50.

I am not a runner, I hate running!

But I have always wanted to be one of those people who could go out and run a 5K like it was nothing.

Really running any amount of time is great for me.

I don’t enjoy it one bit, I get all tense in my shoulders and start breathing hard and sweating.

I hate sweating!

So this week I have been focusing my effort on running.

I have been doing a 10 min fast paced walk warm up

Then running and walking in 5 min intervals 2-3 times each, then doing a 5 min cool down walk

Yesterday when I started my first 5 min run, I got to 5 min and thought I can do this and pushed myself to 7 min and then when I got to 7 I thought what’s 3 more min and pushed though to run a total of 10 min without stopping.

I should have kept going because then I walked 5 min and the next 5 min run was a little harder and I couldn’t push myself to keep running past the 5 min mark.

I was beyond proud of myself. I wish I would have kept track of my total distance in that 10 min run.  But I wasn’t planning on running that long so I didn’t think about it.  There’s always next time!

I am thinking it had to be close to a mile if not a mile.  The last time I ran 1 straight mile was my sophomore year in high school gym class, which was 12 years ago. Back then I ran it like it was nothing, I was thin and in track and volleyball.  I was in shape and even though I was in shape I still hated running it because I hated running back then too.

The scale this morning read….

 178

Thats +1 pound from last week.

I had a feeling it would do this.  Mother Nature decided to visit me this week, so even though I am working my ass off and eating well, I still feel like a bloated fat cow.

Plus it didn’t help that we had Beerfest on Saturday.  Unlimited amount of beer is never good but I did good about not eating to many snacks!

Here is to next week being a better week!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You can do it!!

    I'm giving you the Liebster Award!

    You can read all about it here:
    http://fromcaliforniatokansas.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...