Today I am linking up with Becky from
From Mrs. to Mama for
This week is about how I met Lakelyn’s
father.
1. Tell us about how and when you met
your love and what attracted you most to him.
I met Luke in December 2002. A friend and I met a friend of hers for
dinner at Applebee’s who brought his brother and his friend. Luke was the brother’s friend. I was immediately attracted to him. He was so cute and so “my type”. After the initial physical attraction we got
to talking and drinking….we were both young and had a lot of fun together.
2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together.
This is literally the very FIRST
picture we ever took together. We look
so young!
3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.
We have been together so long and
there are so many great memories we have had together over the last 10 years. Luke and I were so young when we met and
truly grew up together. I am sure I will
forget some but here are a few off the top of my head.
Our first vacation-After only dating
for 3 months, Luke took me to CO for my first ski trip. The trip consisted of me, Luke, Luke’s friend
Mike and one of Mike’s friends. They all snow boarded before and I had never
been on a mountain before. I thought
skiing would be easier and choose that route.
I was horrible and hated every minute on the mountains. Luke stayed back with me the whole trip trying to help me but it was no help
because I sucked at skiing and me and the mountains were never going to get
along. Luke was so patient with me and I
will never forget it.
Our Home- Luke and I built and bought
our first home in Nov 2007.
Our Daughter- The birth of Lakelyn
Olivia on Nov 18th, 2011
Engagement- Our trip to NYC when Luke
proposed
4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one."
Luke
is hard working, patient, grounded, driven, goal oriented, funny, the best father,
my best friend and love of my life. He is a jack of all trades. These qualities make him “the one”. He is everything I could ever ask for.
5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.
We usually go out to eat and have a
few drinks. Most of “our” date nights
include friends and that’s the way we like it!
Luke and I do have just “us” nights but also really enjoy hanging out
with our friends. Whether its just us or
with friends most of the time it consists of going out to eat and then to a bar
for drinks. Sometimes we will travel to
KC and love to go to the piano bar!


Love at first sight? ;)
ReplyDeleteSo awesome you all have been together 10 years!
Hi! I nominated you for a liebster award! Come check out the details at my blog. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com/2012/10/my-first-liebster-awards.html