Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wedding Planning Update


Luke and I got engaged on September 15th, 2012

We have set a date for May 18th, 2013

That’s 6 months and 11 days away!
but whos counting ;)

We have the following booked:

Reception

Photographer

Photo Booth

DJ

and

Caterer

This last Saturday my mother, best friend (Sara) and I went to look at bridesmaid dresses.  Or so I thought.  I wanted to LOOK at bridal gowns, maybe try on a few but that was it.  I have some serious weight I want to lose before the big day and so I wasn’t really interested in trying gowns on.  I soon found out that I would have to have my dress ordered by the end of December or early January to have it by the end of March or early April.  So I decided to try on dresses.

The first place we went to was fairly small and didn’t have a lot of selection.  I found one dress I kind of liked and a few bridesmaid dresses that were okay.  So we left there and it was on to the next place.

The next place was primarily bridesmaid dresses.  Sara probably tried on 30 dresses and it seemed like every dress she put on we both liked.  There were a few that were immediately put in the NO pile but most were yes.  After she tried a few back on and we talked about the look I was going for we narrowed it down to two.

Our wedding colors are black and white so imagine the purple dress in black. 



This picture doesn’t really do it justice because the material is really neat.


I wanted my bridesmaid dresses not to be your typical bridesmaid dresses.  I wanted them to truly be a dress my girls could wear again.
While at this same shop they had a really cute flower girl dress.  It was too big for Lakelyn so I just put it on her over her clothes and sat her in front of a big mirror for her to look at herself.  She was a ham!





Our next appointment wasn’t for several hours later so we decided to go to David’s bridal to kill time.  Holly cow, I wasn’t expecting the amount of dresses I saw in that store.  It was quite over whelming.

However I decided to try a few dresses on.  After 5 or 6 dresses Lakelyn was beginning to get fussy.  I felt bad for my mom because she had been entertaining her all day.  Plus Lakelyn isn’t the kind of baby that falls asleep easily anywhere.  So we took a break.  Sara tried on some bridesmaid dresses while I gave Lakelyn a bottle and bounced her to sleep.

Once Lakelyn was asleep I gave her to my mom and started trying on dresses again. This round was a lot more successful then the first time.  I think I finally figured out what I did and didn’t like.

When we first walked into this store I picked out a dress immediately that I wanted to try on.  The sales person assigned to me said she would grab it but never did.  I forgot about it until after round 1 of trying on and saw it again and grabbed it myself.

I narrowed it down to 3 dresses at David’s Bridal that I liked, one of which was the first dress I picked out.

We went to one final store and found 2 more that I liked.

I basically ended up picking out 4 different styles that I liked.  The last 2 at the final store were very similar to each other. But the others were all different.

I had no idea how I was going to pick and up until yesterday I was still undecided.  After looking at them all again and thinking about the look I wanted my wedding to have I think I have picked my dress.

I can’t go into too much detail.  Luke doesn’t read my blog but my luck sometime between now and May he would and then it wouldn’t be a surprise!

I think I will go look one more time just to be sure!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love both bridesmaids dresses! Kyla is going to be a flower girl in a wedding next September and I can't wait to get her a dress! Lakelyn is going to be so cute. And you are going to beautiful and I can't wait to see what dress you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog at the Follow Me Maybe? blog hop! I LOVE your blog name. I'm 20 and pregnant with mine and my boyfriend's first, and we're doing it a little backwards too...getting married in a few years or whenever we can afford the big wedding we both want. :)
    I personally think I like the second bridesmaid dress better than the first one. They're both very pretty though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, can't wait to see what you planned!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...